Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Great Saturday!!!

Thanks for another great week of teeball. I appreciate everyone showing up on time and the various contributions all of you make. I hope our pictures turn out well.

This Saturday our game starts at 9:00 so we'll need to be at the fields around 8:45.

FYI...I have been trying hard to rotate players from position to position. I have also changed the batting order for each game. I will continue to do this for the final two games. I want every player to experience playing each position. If you will explain this to your children it will help me A LOT. Many of them request to play certain positions and that system wouldn't work very well.

Also, we'll need to make a restroom stop before our game starts. I hope to avoid another delay in the game like we had this week.

Below are some things we can all work on with our ball players....

1.) Stay focused on the game. (On defense and when running bases.)

2.) Run hard to each base.

3.) Many of the players hold the bat incorrectly. Work on simply holding the bat properly.

4.) Once the ball is headed towards a fellow player allow that player to field the ball. Sometimes players from shortstop position will wind up in right field chasing the ball. This not only causes a potential hazard, it is not good practice for the future.

Thanks again for all of your support. I look forward to our final two games.

Coach Scholl

No comments:

Post a Comment